Cool Canvas Tent Company endeavour to make sure all our customers are happy with their purchase and we do this by being confident that the products we retail are of the highest quality and are from reputable suppliers. There are occasions however, when there will be a need to return an item and we have a policy in place to try and make this process as easy as possible for you.
Please read carefully our returns policy as laid out below.
Once your order has arrived please check the product/s as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT NOTE – when checking your product/s please do so in a clean, indoor environment. This stage must be completed before making any attempt to use outdoors or to pitch tents, awnings etc. This will ensure that items that need to be returned are still in good condition.
Once you have reached the stage that you have decided a product needs to be returned please read & complete our requirements below:
- Contact us so we can arrange the easiest way to return an item. Please always contact us first to discuss the problem. It is often possible to remedy problems very easily and quickly once we are aware of them, sometimes without the need to return goods.
- All items must be securely and safely packaged (original packaging where possible) for the journey back to us, as insufficiently packaged goods may become damaged in transit. We reserve the right to refuse to accept delivery of such items, or to reduce the level of refund of your return to cover such damage.
- We recommend that you use a signed for or tracked service to return items, as we cannot be responsible for items lost or damaged in transit.
- Customers are responsible for the cost of return postage. For faulty items, the cost of postage is refundable, on confirmation that the returned item is faulty due to a manufacturing issue or to the failure of significant components or parts. However, we will bear the cost of putting right any mistake which we have made with your order (please see No 5 below) and will usually arrange for courier collection where this is possible.
- While we make every effort to ensure that orders are picked and packed correctly, errors can happen. In the event that we have sent the incorrect item to you, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible (preferably within 24 hours of receipt) so that we can arrange a no-quibble exchange which will be free of any charge.
- Please check all items on delivery to ensure that the correct item has been received, that the item is not damaged and that all component parts are included. Incorrect items, incomplete items, missing items or transit damaged items should be reported to us at your earliest opportunity, preferably within 24hrs of the delivery. In the event that your parcel does arrive appearing to have been damaged in transit, you are within your rights to refuse the parcel or to sign for it as damaged.
Once the item is received, it will be processed as quickly as possible.
Unopened and unused items are usually simple to process. Unfortunately where there is a problem or fault with goods it will take longer to make a thorough and in-depth inspection. We aim to process returned orders within 14 working days from the date the item arrives back at Cool Canvas Tent Company and as long as points 1 to 6 above have been adhered to under our returns policy.
Any refund will be issued within 14 days of any agreement by us to do so, this will be implemented through the same means by which the initial payment was made. You will be notified by email on the day the refund is processed.
You have the right to cancel an order, at any point, beginning from the day after the day the order is delivered up to 14 working days for a full monetary refund, in accordance with the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014).
All items must be in completely unused condition, with the packaging undamaged, unsoiled and not tampered with.
Items must be securely packaged for the journey back to us.
Under the Consumer Contracts Regulations (2014), we will not be responsible for any postage costs for the return of any unwanted/unsuitable products. We will, in most cases, be happy to arrange for such returns to be collected, however we reserve the right to subtract our costs in doing so from any refund due to you.
DAMAGED OR FAULTY ITEMS
If you have received damaged or faulty items, please inform us as soon as possible, so that we can remedy the problem effectively.
We ask if possible, you email us with a photograph of the fault or damage so that we can determine the best course of action, which may be a replacement or under some circumstances a repair of a faulty component.
We will then organise a collection from a requested address on a suitable date. This is not a timed collection service although we will do our best to accommodate customers specific requirements.
An initial charge may be made for the collection, if using our courier service, but this will be refunded immediately after the fault is confirmed to be of a manufacturing origin (or failure of significant component parts of the item). You are welcome to return items for inspection via any method.
Once back, the item will be checked through by our returns team.
For reasons of health, items cannot be accepted back for inspection if they arrive in a dirty or wet condition. It is important to dry any tent before packing it back up after pitching, as the damp can very quickly cause the goods to become tainted or corroded. Items delivered in this way may be rejected by us and returned to the customer for cleaning.
Items that have been damaged by misuse, overuse or negligence will not be exchanged, refunded or credited. Under these circumstances we are happy to provide an after sales service and to advise if an item can be be repaired, but any such repairs or replacements are at the customer’s expense. No repairs will be undertaken without the specific consent of the customer.
In the event that no fault with an item is found then the initial collection charge will not be refunded and a charge may be made for returning the item to the customer.
Once a fault is confirmed with a product then a replacement item will be sent. If a replacement is not required (or available), then a notice of credit or a refund will be issued as appropriate. We will either include your original postage charges (for UK addresses) as part of a refund, or send the replacement at no extra cost.
DAMAGES IN TRANSIT
If your order arrives with obvious damage to the packaging, we recommend that you refuse the delivery or sign as damaged. Please notify us within 24hrs of the attempted or actual delivery. Photographs would be greatly appreciated in this instance, of the packaging and/ or the damaged item. In most cases, items damaged in transit will need to be collected in the original state of delivery for examination by the courier. Please try to retain the packaging, which will help with this process.
Our customer service team will make arrangements for the exchange of the item or to re-send replacement goods to you as soon as possible. There will be no additional charges to the customer in this event.